The first thing you see when you go to the 10x10 challenge site is that "you are joining a community of we thinkers around the world who are working to create a better global future."
The idea of the "10 x10 challenge" is to list 10 commitments publicly on their site that you plan to follow that will make the world a better place. In return, $10 will be donated to Free the Children, an organization that helps create schools and offers clean water to children in under-developed countries.
Here is a list of the most popular commitments for the challenge:
- Turn off the lights (22,712)
- Drink water from a re-useable water bottle (20,025)
- Clean out my closet (16,869)
- Hug, hug, hug (16,589)
- Re-connect with an old friend (13,655)
- Read about a new social issue (11,586)
- Give a donation on someone's behalf (8,864)
- Volunteer somewhere new (8,806)
- Say thank you -- in writing (8,495)
- Buy organic products (8,437)
I urge you to take a few minutes to go to their site, take a look at what it's all about, and list your own 10 commitments that you plan to do.
I've already gotten a head start on my #7 commitment: Tell more people about 10x10.